All Spices are hand-prepared recipes (no wholesale product used) using fresh dried Homegrown or Certified Organic herbs / spices. I don't use any Fillers or Preservatives. Careful harvesting of my homegrown plants during peak season and air dried naturally. Whole spices are used in which I grind them, or crack open the pods for the recipes as needed. Plants/Herbs/Spices are ground gently-by hand using mortar pestle. Then hand sifted and packaged into glass jars.
NOTE: Because the spices aren't wholesale, I bring fresh made spices to my shows. Based also on availability such as rose petals and/or lavender buds that I sometimes use. In addition, my preferences also include artisan salts. Thus, pricing and jar size will vary.
JUST HERB TEAS: Single Herbs; Can be sipped as a Hot Tea or Cold Tea.
Packaged in ten, unbleached tea bags.$3.50 OR 1 Pot O Tea Bag (makes 4 cups of tea) with a my dried Meyer Lemon or Blood Orange slice $4.00. NOTE: as these are wild crafted from the garden, based on availability
RED CLOVER Flower-leaves( Fabaceae - Pea Family)not a cancer cure but does retard cancerous growth or protect again reoccurrence. It is also best used for dry, irritable, spasmodic coughs from bronchitis irritability.Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium are found in CloverHot Tea InfusionWild Crafted /Certified Organic .*NOTE: combine with Nettle for good mineral source nutrition. RED RASPBERRY-leaves( Rosaceae - Rose Family)a mild remedy for tissue lightener, soothes urinary irregularities such as cystitis, mid-cycle spotting.Tea contains high amounts of calcium. Hot Tea Infusion Certified Organic
OLIVE LEAF TEA – leavesWhile the fruit of the tree is more known for its many uses, the leaf of the tree has been used for its medicinal properties since the time of the Pharaohs. It is also mentioned in the Old Testament as being a “natural healer” (Ezekiel 47:12). Olive leaf is a natural antibiotic and antioxidant with active compounds that act as anti-microbial agents against invaders attacking the body’s natural immune system. It may be used regularly to lowers blood pressure, reduce cholesterol by fighting heart disease and fatigue. NOTE Considered safe, olive leaf is not recommended for pregnant or breast feeding woman and diabetics should not use it because of its ability to lower blood sugar.Hot Tea InfusionCertified Organic
ECHINACEA – roots ( Asteraceae – Sunflower Family) stimulate the immunity by effectively counteracting common viruses such as chronic sore throats,, colds, and sinus infections.Cold Tea Infusion Should not be taken if taking immune suppressant pharmaceuticals.Certified Organic
BURDOCK – roots ( Asteraceae – Sunflower Family) antioxidant, influences both liver and kidneys by eliminating waste.It is a diuretic removing uric acid levels within the blood and tissues; making it well used for the “leaky gut syndrome.Burdock stabilizes beneficial flora. Cold Tea InfusionCertified Organic / Wild crafted
BILBERRY – leaves( Ericaceae – Heath Family) specific to renal astringent; for inflammation, abnormally high levels of protein and glucose in the urine; also a mildly bacteria inhibitant for loose stools. Hot Tea InfusionCertified Organic
LEMONBALM– leaves( Lamiaceae - Mint Family)as in mint family attributes- a mild sedative for the nervous stomach.This tea is soothing to those with indigestion with nausea, cramps due to stress.Also for stress induced headaches Hot Tea InfusionWild Crafted
ESSIAC TEA-Bulk, pre-measured 3oz $10. Organic Burdock Root, Sheep Sorrel, Slipper Elm Powder, Turkey Rhubarb. Detailed Directions are included. Notorious herbal formula known as an old Native American cancer cure. Rene Caisse (Essiac spelled backwards) was given the formula to treat cancer patients. Cold Tea InfusionCertified Organic
HERBAL TEA BLENDS ARE HOME GROWN AND CRAFTED, CAREFULLY CUT , HAND GROUND-ORGANIC. Hand sifted into 10 unbleached filter bags. $5.00
Herbs are handpicked from the gardens and naturally dried.There are no artificial fragrances, perfumes, synthetics, sulfates, fillers, paraffin, pesticides, preservatives, MSG, or imports. Herbs Upon Availability.NOTE: these are both folk healing herbal tea blends and tea sipping pure herbal blends. Based on Availability.
MELISSA TEA BLEND- A wonderful relaxing gentle stimulating tea blend. Increases energy in the system by helping release energy blocks and stress. Homegrown Organic Melissa Lemon Balm, Homegrown Organic Borage Flowers and Leaves, Homegrown Organic German Chamomile Flowers, Homegrown Organic Lemon Verbena, Homegrown and Ethically Wild-crafted St John's Wort Flowers
ADIRONDACK MAJESTY TEA: A colorful and aromatic blend of Blue Malva Flowers, Rosehips, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Orange Peel, Roses, Wild Cherry Bark, Peppermint, Lavender Buds and Red Clover
ZEZZTY LEMON – Served Hot or Cold – Organic Lemon Thyme, Organic Lemon Verbena, Organic Lemon (Melissa) Balm, Organic Lavender Buds
IN THE GARDEN TEA - Organic Purple Sage Leaves, Organic Lemon (Melissa) Balm, Organic English Mint & Organic Rose Petals. Beautiful and tasty tea.
BEDTIME TEA - truly relaxing and soothing experience after one of those "Oh What A Day" days. Organic German Chamomile Flowers, Organic Linden Leaves, Organic Spearmint, Organic Lemon Verbena
LYMPH CONGESTION TEA- Breast Health. Mineral rich tea that nourishes blood and encourages healthy lymphatic drainage & help the system flow freely. Organic Calendula Petals, Organic Red Clover, Organic Cleavers and Organic Spearmint.
NATURAL REST EASY TEA- Organic German Chamomile, Organic Lemon (Melissa) Balm, Organic Catnip, Organic Spearmint, Organic Lemongrass CALIFORNIA POPPY DREAMING - A very soothing nervine tea, perfect to help soothe the cares of the day, Organic California Poppy Flowers, Organic German Chamomile, Organic Milky Oat Tops, Organic Marshmallow Root.
FYI: Uterine Fibroids grow inside or just outside the uterus & are fairly common in women. They appear to be at least partially the result of genes. Other risk factors include a high fat diet, alcohol consumption, B Vitamin deficiency, stress & excess weight. Often though fibroids are due to too much of a potentially carcinogenic form of estrogen. Fibroids can easily be treated when small. However if and when they grow larger, they cause menstrual bleeding to increase and become painful. Eventually they can press on your surrounding organs; especially the kidneys and bladder.
These deodorant sticks are in white .5 oz push up containers. Made with Unfiltered beeswax, Organic Unfiltered Cocoa Butter, Organic Virgin coconut oil, Organic Cold Pressed castor Oil, Organic Pure African Shea Butter, Organic Red Palm Oil, Essential Oils of Clove, Coriander, Lavender, Myrrh, Grapefruit, Lime, Palmarosa and Lemon
Note: Salves can vary in color from very green to a yellowish green. The recipe is always the same, and the salve will always contain the same consistent qualities. The color variation is due to the fact that it is made with natural and handmade products which can vary in color when they are produced. These are natural, wildcrafted products: and there may be slight variations in texture between each you receive (O) = Certified Organic: Has been grown, handled, and processed according to strict production standards that reduce and eliminate the use of toxic, persistent pesticides and fertilizers, and other harmful substances.(W) = Wildcrafted: "Wildcrafted" plants are gathered from their natural, wild habitat, often from pristine areas. When wildcrafting is done sustainably with proper respect, generally only the branches or flowers from plants are taken and the living plant is left, or if it is necessary to take the whole plant, seeds of the plant are placed in the empty hole from which the plant was taken. Care is taken to only remove a few plants, flowers, or branches, so plenty remains to continue the supply. Wildcrafted plants are regulated by The Organic Food Production Act of 1991. No prohibited substances can be added by processors.
Salves and balms are made by extracting the beneficial properties of herbs in oil. Beeswax, used in all my salves, is an edible substance and contains pollen, proplis and honey, all of which are excellent for the skin. Vitamin E oils has the ability to preserve the fats and aid in the healing of wounds. In addition, only Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil and Shea Butter are used as a base in the Salves. Although I strain all the herbs, note that I do leave some plant material in salve. The plants/herbs are wild crafted and/or harvested at peak season ALL Salves are packaged Fresh in 2oz jars for $6.75; unless otherwise noted
• TALULAH (Choctaw name for "Leaping Water") JEWELWEED SALVE - specific for poison ivy, poison sumac. When one sprinkles water on the leaves of Jewelweed the water sparkles like jewels. The Native Americans used Jewelweed as a natural cure for poison ivy or oak. It is the most effective herb to stop itching and dry up the blisters. Made with ethically wild - crafted jewelweed flowers, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Farm Fresh Beeswax, natural vitamin E.
• BUSY BEE BURN BALM¹ - The name says it all. Organic, Homegrown Lavender Buds, Natural Honey, Farmed Fresh Beeswax, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Natural Vitamin E, Lavender Essential Oil
• PAMUYA (Hopi name for "Water Moon") EUCALYPTUS CHEST RUB¹ - Relieves respiratory congestion. This is similar to the familiar store brand but without the petroleum hydrocarbons. Cold Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Camphor Bars, Farmed Fresh Beeswax, Eucalyptus Essential oil, Camphor Essential Oil, Wintergreen Essential Oil and Natural Vitamin E
• ANTIBACTERIAL SALVE¹ Can be used for cuts, athlete's foot, infections. Wild Crafted Comfrey Root (healing & soothing), Wild Crafted Plantain Leaf (healing- natures bandaid), Goldenseal Root Powder* (antibacterial) Cold Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Farmed Fresh Beeswax; Natural Vitamin E 2oz $8.00. , *Goldenseal is an endangered plant due to destruction of habitat; only organically cultivated species is used. ♦ RED SQUIRREL ™ Antifungal/Antiseptic SALVE 2oz $8.00. This salve is excellent for chapped, cracked, dry skin, ringworm, lesions, skin infections, rashes and/or skin fungus; including Athletes Foot and mange on animals. Wild-crafted, organic Goldenseal Root, Black Walnut hulls (antifungal), Myrrh, Rose, (astringent) Thyme (antiseptic) Oregon Grape Root, Plantain (soothing) St John's Wort flowers, Calendula, Chickweed, Chaparral, Echinacea, Comfrey seeped in Extra Virgin Olive oil, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, organic aloe vera & beeswax; Neem, Tea Tree Essential Oils. Apply twice daily-once in the morning and once in the evening.
• WAKANDA (Sioux word for "Possesses Magical Powers") ST JOHN'S WORT SALVE ¹ Healing and soothing salve for sunburns and skin irritations. Wild Crafted / Homegrown St John's Wort Flowers*, Comfrey Leaf and Calendula Flowers, Natural Vitamin E, Cold Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Natural Vitamin E. Apply this salve, which is helpful for healing any kind of damaged nerve endings. The flowers are golden yellow, but when infused in oil-turns a reddish color. Thus named after (the beheading of) St. John the Baptist.
*St John's wort has been used for centuries. It is held high in esteem as the primary value of treatment for damage to the nerve endings such as burns, neuralgia, wounds, and trauma to the skin.
• ORENDA ( Iroquois word for "Magical Powers") KNUCKLE JOINT SALVE - for sore muscles, bruises and/or neuralgia. with Wild Crafted/homegrown St John's Wort Flowers, Organic Mountain Arnica* and Cat's Claw Bark*, which helps reduce pain, inflammation, stiffness and swelling; Ginger Root, Turmeric, White Birch Bark, Sweet Orange & Wintergreen Essential Oils.
*Cat's Claw Bark is native to the Amazon Rainforest. The bark and root of this herb (also available in tincture) has been used by the South Americans going back to Inca times for arthritis, stomach ulcers, inflammation. Studies have found that Cat's Claw stimulates the immune system, help smooth muscles and acts as a diuretic - traditionally used to treat osteoarthritis.
• FALA OLD CROW (Choctaw) DERMATITIS SKIN SALVE ¹2oz $8.00 Goldenseal Root; Barberry Bark, Gotu Kola*, Burdock Root, Turmeric, Juniper, Chamomile, and Comfrey, Neam, Organic Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Farmed Fresh Beeswax
*Gotu Kola has been used for thousands of years in India, Indonesia and China to heal wounds, & treat skin conditionssuch as psoriasis.
• MULLEIN EAR OIL 1oz Glass Bottle with Dropper $10.00 This is used for ear infections. Warmed to body temperature and dropped in the ear, it quickly relieves the pain. The oil has anti-viral and antibacterial properties as well as herbs which reduce swelling and help to deaden the pain. Helps fight infections & relieve nerve pain by softening excess ear wax, specifically for the inner ear. Fresh Organic, wild-crafted -homegrown Mullein Flowers, Homegrown & Wildcrafted St. John's Wort Flowers steeped in pure Organic Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Fresh Garlic
♦♦ HERBAL INSECT REPELLANT OIL4 4oz Glass Bottle $15.00. Much safer than anything you buy from stores. This is as effective as anything commercially prepared at keeping those pesky bugs away. Homegrown Bay Leaves, Tansy, Rue, Homegrown Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Neem Leaves & Homegrown, Organic Eucalyptus seeped in Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil with Essential Oils of Cedar wood, Tea Tree, Citronella & Lemon Eucalyptus
A walk through a garden planted with herbs is like a world tour. Plants we use as herbs and spices have been gathered from the zones of both hemispheres. Herbs and Spices are human experiences.
Botanically, the word "herb" is derived from the Latin herba, which means grass or green crops. The word "spice" comes from the Latin species, which means ally. Spices may be thought of as the allies or complements of other substances.
The real importance of herbs and spices is not what distinguishes them from one another but rather what unites them for us, the pleasure they give us and their usefulness in cooking. Herbs were important to the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, but also in the Orient; centuries before they were cultivated and appreciated in the West. India was for centuries the center of the herb and spice trade. European settlers brought an array of herbs from their homeland to the Americas.
Limitation Of Liability And Warranty Customer agrees that use of information and products provided by, or offered by Helena's Organic Botanical Shop are entirely at customer's own risk. Services, information and products are provided 'as is', without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation and warranty for information, services or products provided through or in connection with Helena's Organic Botanical Shop. Specifically, we disclaim and and all warranties, including without limitation: 1) Any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy or content of information, products or services; and 2) Any warranties of title or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under and other cause of action. Customer specifically acknowledges that Helenas Organic Botanical Shop is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other customers or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with customer. Neither Helena's Organic Botanical Shop nor any of it's agents, affiliates or content providers shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of use of the service, information or products or out of any breach of any warranty. Customer hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content and products on the Helena's Organic Botanical Shop websites.